Interesting Facts About Washington
- Starbucks, the biggest coffee chain in the world was founded in Seattle.
- Washington has over 1,000 dams.
- Washington is home to Boeing, the world’s largest aircraft maker.
- Lewis and Clark explored the Columbia River area of what is now Washington in 1805-06.
- Medina is the home of the world’s wealthiest man, Microsoft’s Bill Gates.
- The state of Washington is the only state to be named after a United States president.
- Microsoft Corporation is located in Redmond.