Interesting Facts About Alabama
Enjoy these interesting facts about Alabama.
Alabama has a long history of interesting facts and information. Below are some of these interesting facts, some more interesting than others. If you know of more interesting facts about Alabama please email us today. There are many more facts out there to be discovered.
- Located in the Hall of History, in Bessemer, is Hitler’s typewriter.
- Alabama is the only state with all major natural resources needed to make iron and steel.
- Alabama has 51,705 square-miles.
- Alabama is 250 miles long from north to the south.
- Workers in Alabma built the first rocket that put humans on the moon.
- The Confederate flag was designed in 1861 in Alabama.
- The world’s first Electric Trolley System was introduced in Montgomery in 1886.
- Blount County was created on February 7, 1818 and is older than the state.
- Mobile is named after the Mauvilla Indians.
- The Monarch butterfly (Danaus pleipuss) is the state’s official insect.
- In 1956 the Army Ballistic Missile Agency was established at Huntsville’s Redstone Arsenal.
- Alabama’s official nut is the pecan.
- Alabamians are what people from Alabama are referred to as.
- Hematite is Alabama’s official state mineral and is known as oxide of iron .